Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bitching rights ...

I voted this week. That gives me "bitching rights," right? The biggest problem with earning "bitching rights" is that there's so much to say that I have no idea where to begin bitching!

Here in Maine, the "gay rights" movement has been repeatedly stuffed up our noses, down our throats ... and into other orifices best left unmentioned.


Now, before I go any further, I need to state my own basic position where gays are concerned. What they do behind closed doors is their problem, not mine! I don't know what they do, I don't want to know what they do ... any more than I want to invite all of you into my own bedroom to experience what I do.

Also, there are people that I know and love dearly who are gay. I don't condemn them to their faces, and I don't condemn them in the silence of my heart. When they die, they will be face to face with their Creator - as we all will be. They will have to answer for everything they did - both good and bad. It will all be between them - and God. When I die, I'll go through the same thing. God left us each our free will for a reason.


Back to what I was saying. The gay rights law has been thrown at us so many times that I've lost count. Each time, the state has voted it down. The legislature took it upon itself to instate the law anyway - in spite of the people's consistent voting record. So this time, we were voting whether to repeal the law ...

... I may as well not have bothered going to the polls. I almost didn't. I wonder if that's why we lost ... so many of us felt that it wouldn't matter, they would just put it right back in again in spite of how we voted. It's a losing battle.

And you know, it doesn't matter who is going to be the happy recipient of a brand spanking shiny new "right," if it's gays, or the "Coalition of Women Who Prefer Cucumbers" ... or even a particular church denomination ... it doesn't matter. I would consistently vote the same.

Why? Because you can't give someone a special right without taking a natural right away from someone else!

If I want to rent out a spare bedroom, I no longer have the right to choose who's going to live in my house with me! It would matter not if I had 3 small boys or adolescents in my home, I could still be forced to rent to a homosexual.

And even more basically ... property rights. Oh my God! Property what??? ... I'd better save that one for another post. It's a story all its own.

You know, I'm not bigoted ... not even against bigots. *cough* But I'm concerned about what I see as our natural rights slowly being eroded all over the country. We've got special rights for every minority under the sun ... and for each of those rights, someone else has had to relinquish, on some level, the right to choose according to their own conscience, or even to verbally express their thoughts and beliefs.

The really sad thing is that this is supposed to be an enlightened age - an age where freedom of choice reigns supreme.

  • I'm free to murder an innocent unborn baby, who is only there to begin with because of a choice I made earlier, but I'm not free to decide whether or not I'll use a seat belt?
  • A criminal is free to break into my home, and then sue me if he busts his arse falling down my stairs ... but I'm not free to have a gun in here, and use it to protect myself from him?
  • A gay person is free to adopt a baby of the same sex ... and I'm not even free to order my family life in such a way that my sons aren't taught that the homosexual lifestyle is a valid alternative? ... or to decide when, and how, they will learn about topics that destroy the innocence of childhood?
  • And then, of course, our "freedom of religion" has become "freedom FROM religion" ... we can't even choose to display our faith publicly in the form of wishing people a Merry Christmas anymore.

Freedom of choice? Only if you choose to go along with the left. If you don't, then you're a bigot, homophobic, obstructionist, anal, a trouble maker, hopelessly outdated, anti-American, intolerant, and a danger to your own children.

And speaking of children ... how far will it go? Will they eventually march right into our homes and take away our children?

I home-schooled my kids for the last eight years of their education. The states make it as hard as possible for parents to educate their children at home. Home-schooled children are not "on tap" for the daily indoctrination ... the state has no control over what they're taught.

They protest that home-schooled children's education may not be "up to par" with their public-schooled peers. However, colleges all over the country are opening their doors to home-schoolers, because on an average, they're better prepared than their peers. It also doesn't hurt that they can think for themselves.

Of my own kids, today one of them is a chef, one is in his final year of studying to be a molecular biologist, and one, the mother of two very active little people, has gone back to college, and is maintaining a 4.0 average. I sincerely believe that, as the movement continues to grow, the government will continue to take yet stronger measures to slow it down - if not squash it completely.

I'm afraid. I'm terrified that I'm growing old and helpless, with a chronic illness that could become debilitating, in a society that is destructive of family, that has life track record that includes abortion and Terry Schiavo, and that has no respect for real freedom of choice.

If our forefathers could have foreseen ...

1 Comments:

Blogger AB5SY said...

Well said and I'll call it
'Freedom of Speech'. I'll will repost an interesting story for you to read, titled: If You Think Your Vote Counts......

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home