Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's Worth What???

As I was looking over the meager leavings in my Site Meter account, I came across something I'd never seen before ... it was a link from a site named Blog Shares. Blog Shares?

Curiosity got the best of me, and I clicked ... expecting to find yet another of those sites which have absolutely nothing to do with your site, do not have a link to your site, and which you've never lain eyes on before.

Instead, I found a page which contained the IP to my blog, and a value! $3,977.37!!! Wow! Can I cash that in now, or later?

I looked further down the page a bit, and discovered that some fellow I'd never heard of owned 75% of the "shares" in my blog!!! Now wait just one cotton picking ...

The words "CLAIM BLOG" caught my eye on the right edge of the screen, and I thought, "Ok! I'll show this fella!" and vehemently attacked the link as if that would put an end to the entire fiasco!

Uh oh. No such luck. "You need to be logged in to claim a blog." Oh poop! And I'll bet you can't guess what you need to do before you can log in, eh? *nyuck nyuck*

Ok. I made an account. I logged in. And now I'm the proud owner of yet another little button in my sidebar.

Do we get points for how many of those we have when we die?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home