Friday, November 25, 2005

Post Chaos Post ... ;-)

I promised to post some pictures. Here they are. Names have been changed to protect the guilty!

Last night, after things quieted down, I found out that there may actually be more than "hype" to the claim that tryptophan can knock your lights out! We not only all fell asleep before bedtime, we had a hard time getting up this morning! I don't think I've slept as late since my teen years! ;-)

Good thing that we slept in, though. We awoke to frozen water pipes. Don't want to have to deal with that any earlier in the morning than necessary. It's going to be a very long winter, I'm afraid ...

And now, here are some pics ... our own warm little episode of chaos ...




Pre-chaos plate placement ... ;-)





Serious business here ... !





The fellow on the right is the Chef! I made the pies, but he made the meal. And what a meal! Everything from a turkey which was so moist it fell apart, to the garlic mashed potatoes ... a gourmand's dream!

The fellow on the left is my son-in-law. He's from Sweden, and makes addictive Swedish Meatballs. We've told him that he can't come to our Christmas Eve Reveillon unless he brings some along! >;-)





The dude on the left is my oldest son ... and if you can see the word "trouble" written across that face, you're right! On the right is a friend of his who was kind enough to join us. I'm not sure he had any idea of just what he was getting into. I hear they think he's going to recover, though ... ;-)





Youngest son and sweet little daughter-in-law ... victims of tryptophan poisoning ... ;-)





Daughter-in-law with my oldest grandson. Don't let his peaceful demeanor kid you - we had to glue him to the sofa for this shot! Actually, he loves his auntie enough to actually sit still next to her long enough to not resemble the Tasmanian Devil!



Second grandson ... he's in his "Don't LOOK at me!" stage ...



These people showed up at my door, and I have no idea who they are. I felt sorry for them and let them in ... I was soon having second thoughts ... 0.o





Actually, that's really my brother and his wife ... and I tried to get a second, more presentable shot, really I did!!!

_________________________________

Let us be thankful that we have one another. If not for the warmth and love of family, life would be naught but a long winter's eve ...

3 Comments:

Blogger AB5SY said...

Did I loan you my glass's? I have a blue set (2 sizes) identical to yours.

Friday, November 25, 2005 9:59:00 PM  
Blogger Moof said...

*LOL* Welllll, William ... remember those pies you borrowed ... ?

>;-)

Friday, November 25, 2005 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

What a wonderful family you have. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

later...

Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home